Monday, September 2, 2013

Columnist Choice

Kennicott, Philip. "Critic’s Notebook: Homophobia’s Politicization Reflects Sad State of Russian Cultural Politics." Washington Post. The Washington Post, 30 Aug. 2013. Web. 1 Sept. 2013.

The general topic of Kennicott's columns are centered around the arts and culture. I was drawn to his column by the way he incorporates so many different topics; the arts, politics, and societal issues into articles that seem not to fit into any one category. I hadn't had any previous experience with this author. I spent a very long time sorting through many different columns, both online and in print, and was pretty dissatisfied with most of them. I was also hesitant to choose one from the list that was provided because I didn't want to end with a repeat of the same author someone else had. But in the end I figured that an award winning author was probably the best way to go and someone writing about the arts and culture interested me.

No comments:

Post a Comment